Sparco is an Italian company in the automotive industry and mainly in the area of parts and accessories. The company has been around for 40 years and is one of the leaders in the industry. You supply different race cars and race drivers with equipment such as seat, belts, helmets and clothing just to name a few from their range. However, Sparco's main hallmark is Sparco rally seat and already in 1983 they won recognition when Nelson Piquet won F1 in a chair from Sparco. At the same time, in parallel with the competition market, they started focusing on car enthusiasts to give them equipment that could transform their cars into something special. Alongside Sparco rally seat, ergonomic driver's overalls are a great product. In 2012, Ergo was presented, a costume that was revolutionary for the industry. Also, the steering wheel is a prominent product of which Sparco sells about two dozen distributed between rally and standard car models.
Sparco rally seat
Available in several different models and models.
- Ergo, which consists of a light yet stiff shell. Anatomically designed with non-slip cushions.
- Circuit, specially designed for racing tracks. Ultra-light and shock absorbing (also Circuit II)
- Pro-ADV TS, specially designed for smaller cabs, to be built on when needed
- Pro 2000, combines comfort and ergonomics with safety and performance. Made of fiberglass composite (also Pro 2000 II)
- Rev, developed for drivers with smaller body size.
- Grid, with special side support (also Grid II)
The Evo and Sprint models are described in their own articles. All Sparco seat are FIA approved.
As mentioned, car seats, and not just rally seat, are Sparco's great specialty. Many car manufacturers use Sparco to supply their models with the highest quality. The company supplies, among other things, to these supercars:
- Alfa Romeo
- AMG (subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz)
- Aston Martin